NOTE- SCROLL DOWN TO SEE SPANISH 3 AND SPANISH 4 ASSIGNMENTS!!
espanol 1 (2nd Period) assignments, homework, notices, quizzes, tests. etc.
-For Aug. 16 – Students should study the Mexico and Central America maps on page XXXVIII for a quiz on Aug. 17.
Welcome to Spanish class. I am your Profe (a nickname for Spanish teachers) used around the world. My name is really Holly Charpentier and your schedule says Holly Vogel but you should know that people have always called me Profe in my Spanish classes- In the Spanish speaking world, it is common to call people by their profession. I am looking forward to an exciting, productive year with you. I have included information for you outlining your Spanish 1 class this semester and things to expect.
Your supply list is
-(Binder with loose leaf paper)
-Dividers to assist you in organizing your material and you will receive copied packets that will have to go in your binder.
– Red pen for checking homework and (blue or black pen) and a pencil with a good eraser.
-1 box of kleenex or facial tissue
– Highlighter marker.
What to expect in your Spanish 1 class.
- Students have assigned seats on a weekly bases.
- Students have quizzes often during the week after small sections learned.
- Students have a major test at the end of every chapter.
- Participation in very important in Spanish 1 as you are learning to speak a new language.
- Students will have a new best friend – www.classzone.com – Take home tutor where your vocab and grammar can be reviewed nightly.
- Students will receive a workbook around the 2nd week of school and will need to bring the workbook to class daily
- Students will have a textbook to bring home
- Students will learn how to ask and answer questions in Spanish very quickly.
- Students will stay on task while in class and review work at home and practice patterns with friends through texts etc., and will enjoy the process of learning Spanish
- Students will make the grade in class in accordance to the effort that they put in to the learning and studying.
Bienvenidos a la clase de español. Vamos a divertirnos y aprender!. (Welcome to Spanish class. We are going to have fun and learn!!!)
Please e-mail me at email@example.com with any quesitons you may have. You may contact me during planning from 7:40 to 9:10 Mondays through Fridays.
Sincerely, Holly Charpentier
español 3 (1st Period) assignments, homework, notices, quizzes, tests, etc.
Minor Assessment grades Aug. 15 – -ar verb quiz, Aug. 16 – er verb quiz. Aug. 17 – ir verb quiz.
- School suppy list.
- Binder with dividers (For organizing copied packets)
- Pencils with good erasers, a highlighter marker, black or blue pen, red pens.
- Loose leaf paper
Minor Assessment Grade – Know all meanings of verbs on the -ar verb list made in class on Thursday Aug. 10. and worked on in classes on Friday Aug. 11 and on Monday Aug. 14. It is important that you are able to conjugate the verbs on the list in both the present tense and the preterite tense. – Also, know the interrogative words and meanings – Cómo, Cuál, De dónde , Qué, Quiénes, Adónde, A qué hora, Cuándo, Quién, Por qué. Con Quién.
español 4 ( 3rd period) assignments, homework, notices, quizzes, tests, etc.
Wednesday Aug. 16 – Study maps of South America and Mexico and Central America. Be able to name the following things for each country – Country, capital, nationality name (boliviano etc.) Languages spoken. (Test on Aug. 17. )
Binder with dividers. (For organizing co9pied packets and copied stories)
-Pack of different colored highlighter markers.
-Pencils with good erasers, black pens, red pens.
-Loose leaf paper for writing essags
-Quick Study (Spanish Grammar (go to amazon or quickstudy.lcom in order to purchase. It is $5.95 or less. It is a lamanated fold out of all of the grammar in Spanish – It will be your best friend in class.