Welcome! If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to email me @ email@example.com
****NOTE- IF YOU ARE SCHEDULED TO HAVE ME FOR MORE THAN ONE CLASS, YOU CAN GET A LARGER 3 RING BINDER AND USE ONE. YOU DO NEED A COMPOSITION BOOK FOR EACH CLASS.
Welcome to APES!
Quiz Wednesday on Laws and Places
AP Exam Review:
Potential FRQs for 2017 Exam:
Nate Chart in Color:
AP Exam Prep – By Topic Outline
United Nations Project:
Environmental Problems, Their Causes, and Sustainability
- What is its location, neighboring countries, and major types of topography.
- Draw its flag and indicate its major languages.
- It is a LDC or MDC? What are some clues?
- Is there economic growth and if so, is it sustainable?
- What is the average ecological footprint?
- Draw or download a picture of sample native costume(s).
Economics, Environment and Sustainability:
- How strong is the economic system in your country and is it related to a sustainable environment?
- What value is put on natural capital, pollution control and resource use?
- What economic tools are being used to deal with environmental problems?
- What level is the poverty, how would it be reduced, and what would that do to environmental problems?
- How has the government helped make the transition towards a more sustainable society?
- What international and national legislation is helping protect wild species?
Ecosystems: What Are They and How do They Work?
- Describe a typical food web.
- What type of gross and net primary productivity is found?
- Describe some producers, herbivores, carnivores, omnivores, decomposers, and scavengers.
- What are some of the human based effects on the major nutrient cycles?
- Are there any types of research being used to study its ecosystems?
Anatomy & Physiology
Welcome to A & P!
Quiz Tuesday on Appendicular Skeletal System
Quiz Wednesday on “You Should Know”.
Useful Links & Information
- APES Cartoon Guide to the Environment (See Ms. Coogler for Handout)
- https://www.edmodo.com/ (Edmodo)
- http://www.turnitin.com/ (Turnitin.com)
- http://www.enn.com/ (Environmental News Network)
- http://destiny.jppss.k12.la.us/common/servlet/presenthomeform.do;jsessionid=F8994A4AB91E994C1A09A866EF3B5E9B?l2m=Home&tm=Home&l2m=Home (Haynes Destiny – Research Resources)
- http://education.med.nyu.edu/virtualmicroscope/collection/23/ (Virtual Microscope)
- http://medsci.indiana.edu/c602web/602/c602web/virtual_nrml/nrml_lst.htm (Virtual Microscope)
- http://aperio.duhs.duke.edu/DukeHistology/Epithelium/view.apml (Virtual Scope)
- http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/warming/etc/script.html (VIDEO – What’s up with the weather)
- http://www.getbodysmart.com/ap/histology/menu/menu.html (Get Body Smart)
- Connective Tissue (Virutal Microscope) http://aperio.duhs.duke.edu/DukeHistology/Connective_Tissue/view.apml?