Join “Remind” with Mrs. Coats. Text the number 81010. STUDENTS should list initials as the first part of their registration name. All other information should be fabricated. Students should not use their entire first or last name in the registration. Parents can also sign up for remind.
- For Geometry, send the message @cc2018g
- For Intro to Engineering, send the message @cceng2018
- For Intro to Robotics, send the message @ccrobot18
- For NATIONAL COMPETITION for Academic Games, send the message @agloahm for middle school and @agloaha for high school.
- For Girl Scout Troop 40019, send the message @gs40019
One of the forms that need to be turned in at the beginning of the year is listed here: Form from Agenda
Mrs. Coats will offer tutoring at lunch but the schedule will depend on her duty schedule.
All contact should be to Catherine.Coats@JPPSS.K12.LA.US . If I have not replied within 24 hours, please call the school as it means that I did not receive your email.
Supply lists are TENTATIVE as the timeline is still being developed.
I have one project pending on Donors Choose: Geometry Origami on Donors Choose
For the Classroom, ALL students should bring in one of the following: A roll of paper towels, a container of disinfecting wipes, or a box of tissues. Large bags of individually wrapped hard candy would also be appreciated.
***For Robotics and Engineering, students will need an email address to use in Google Drive. The email address is required to start with the student’s initials and should not contain the student’s full first name or last name.
Supply list for Robotics: Students should bring to school daily: Pen, pencil, calculator, straight edge, Graph Composition Book (9.75″ x 7.5″ Graph Paper Notebook), and a folder or binder with pockets for handouts. Useful but not required items: Fine Tipped EXPO, colored pencils, Washi Tape.
Supply list for Engineering: Students should bring to school daily: Pen, pencil, straight edge, Graph Composition Book (9.75″ x 7.5″ Graph Paper Notebook)
Supply list for Geometry: Students should bring to school daily:
2. Compass- (will be using often! get a good metal one like Staedtler or Rosylife or Mr. Pen)
3. Scientific calculator (graphing calculators are NOT ALLOWED on tests or quizzes)
4. Composition notebook (any color or adorable covers are fine)
5. Three-ring binder (1” is suggested.) This will hold workbook pages for the section we are working on. Useful but not required items: 3-hole punch, highlighter, black expo marker, scissors, correcting tape (NOT CORRECTING FLUID) and one of the following: glue stick, double stick tape, or mini-stapler. If you like to keep your papers for review, I would suggest a 3” binder to be kept at home. Geometry students should bring in the following to leave in the classroom to be shared: 1 pack of loose-leaf, 1 pack of pencils, AND 1 pack of index cards (regular size, white lined)