Join “Remind” with Mrs. Coats. Text the number 81010. For 1st period, send the message @3g6d6f For 2nd period, send the message @h2af23 For 3rd period, send the message @e2324cf
Mrs. Coats offers free math tutoring to 7th grade math students during the 2nd 1/2 of middle school lunch on days that she doesn’t have duty(Mon,Thurs,Fri). Free tutoring will also be offered after school on Thursdays until 3:15pm.
Welcome to Mrs. Coats Wiki. If you need to contact me, please email me at Catherine.Coats@JPPSS.K12.LA.US . If I have not replied within 24 hours, please call the school, it means that I did not receive your email. Mrs. Coats’s off period for planning and parent conferences is during 4th period. (1:15pm).
Additional supplies are always welcome, including fake flowers and bags of hard candy.
*Homework and Participation grades will be given out weekly. The homework grade will consist of homework and test corrections. The participation grade will consist of bellringer, binder organization, student preparedness, student participation, and exit ticket participation. Homework grades will be a total of 100 points per week. Participation grades will consist of 30% Bellringer/Binder (to be checked on Mondays), 40%Prepared/Participation, 30%Exit Ticket.
7th Grade Math (Pre-Algebra)
- 8/10/17 – First day for students.
- 8/11/17 – Continued to prepare for classes. Parents/Guardians should send the initial email to Mrs. Coats prior to Monday. I have replied to all that were sent prior to 4pm Friday. If you did not get a reply, please resend.
- 8/14/17 – Reaching for the Stars Hand drawing is due. It should be colored and cut out. This will be posted on our door. About me sheet should be completed. It should be colored if you want a puzzle point.
- 8/15/17 – Mrs. Coats will not be present for Open House on Tuesday. Please email her if you have anything you need to discuss.
- 8/17/17 – Homework is due. Most of this can be done during class time. p.6 #1-9, p.10#1-6, p.11#1-10 If you have questions, please email me.
- 8/17/17 Homework p.12 (not 3rd P) and 14 (not 3rd P), p16 a-d, p17 d,e,f, p18 All including the top 3. Know how to use your calculator for exponents.
- 8/18/17 Homework p12 #16-19, p14 #32,38, p28 All, p30#34-35 (Page 13&14 are for 3rdP only).
- 8/21/17 Homework p.29 and 30. Today we had a pre-test. Its completion will count as a homework grade.
- 8/22/17 Homework p.35#12-17, p.36, p.38#39#40. Color foldable.
- 8/23/17 Homework p.47 Even problems. p.48 All problems. Email me if you have questions!
- 8/24/17 Review for Quiz on Chapter 1 Lessons 1-5, Handouts – Need to do 2 questions per page.
- 8/25/17 Quiz. For homework, finish scientific notation worksheets. They are due Tuesday.
- 8/28 17 Homework p.55#8-11, p.56 All, p. 58#27&28
- 8/29/17 HW p.62 #1-3, p. 63 #1-7, p.64 #13-15, p. 65 #17-19
- 8/30/17 HW p.63,64,65#20-22, p. 66 #25 and 26
- 8/31/17 Review for Quiz on C1L6&7
- 9/1/17 Quiz on C1L6&7 (That means, Chapter 1, Lesson 6 and 7)
- 9/5/17 HW p.66,76,p78#43&44, Work on vocabulary for the WHOLE chapter on your glossary sheets. Make your Squared and Cubed study sheet on loose leaf, all the way to 25
- 9/6/17 HW (mostly classwork) Worksheet p.130 from TCBoA. Please use your table you made on Tuesday that is on Loose leaf. p.85#9-13, p.86 All, p. 88#32-33 Work on your vocabulary page. It should be in your binder and should be done before the quiz on Friday.
- 9/7/17 No new material will be covered. We are planning to review for the quiz on powers of 2 and 3, along with square and cubed roots. The main guide for this is the table they made on loose leaf.
- 9/8/17 We will have a quiz that will include vocabulary from the entire chapter. You should have the glossary sheets completed by then.
- 9/11/17 SHOW YOUR WORK! SHOW UNITS! STUDY VOCABULARY, WORKBOOK, & BINDER FOR UPCOMING TEST. Classwork/Homework: C1L10ProblemSolvingWS, p.93 #9-11, p.94 All, p.95 #26-28, p.96 #34&35
- 9/12/17 Finish the worksheet that is “Ordering real numbers” and do page 101. On page 101 D, you do not have to draw.
- 9/13/17 Progress reports should be signed and brought back to school tomorrow. Work on your review packet. This will have to be turned in on Friday when you take your test. If you come to any optional tutoring, you should bring this packet with you.
- 9/14/17 Review sheet labeled “Quiz” should be completed for Friday, along with your review packet.
- 9/15/17 Chapter 1 Test
- 9/18/17 Classwork/HW p.115 #10-12, p.116 #13-18, p.117 Odd, p.118 #30-31 Reminder, binder check on 9/19 and your Chapter 2 Vocabulary sheet has to be completed and in your binder. Chapter 1 information can be taken out of your binder, but it should not be thrown away. Final exam will be cumulative.
- 9/19/17 Classwork/HW p. 125 #9-12, p.126 All, p. 128 28&29 NOTE: If you did not finish your test corrections, you must come in during 2nd 1/2 of lunch on Thursday.
- 9/20/17 Classwork/HW p.133 #1-4, p.134#9-11, p.135#14-19, p.136 #21-22, will be checked on Friday.
- 9/21/17 Class is taking a LEAP 360 Diagnostic Test in Room 120 of the main building. They should bring a book to read after finishing. They will not be allowed to work on homework while others are testing. Tutoring available during 2nd 1/2 of lunch and after school.
- 9/22/17 QUIZ FRIDAY! Quiz will be on : Chapter 2 L1-3 & VOCAB. After the quiz, you should complete the “Two-step Equations Maze” and the double-sided equations page (handout). Both of these documents should be completed and in your binder for binder-check on Monday. Students should also finish working on p.136#23-27, p.137, and attempt p.145
- 9/25 We will start on C2L4. Students who have not finished test corrections on their Chapter 1 test have to come in at lunch on Monday. That will your last change to get credit for the corrections.
- 9/25 Classwork/HW p.148#1-4, p. 150, p.151Odd, p.152#22-23
- 9/26 Classwork/HW Do “Got it” on the bottom of p. 155 and p. 156#1-3, p.157 #5-10, p. 158, p.160 #24-25
- 9/27&9/28 We will be reviewing for Ch2 TEST. Review packets from the 27th and 28th are due the 29th before the test.
- 9/29 Chapter 2 Test (Major Assessment)
- 10/2 Chapter 2 Binder Check and begin Chapter 3. Review and Straighten your Chapter 2 Notes before Monday. HW p.170, p.174 p. 176, p.178 #20-21
- 10/3 Classwork/HW p184, p.186, p187#20-22, p.188#23-24. Do not empty binders of Ch2 Material.
- 10/4 HW p.195#5&6, p.196, and p.198#18&19
- 10/5 Finish Review Packet and Ch3 Glossary.
- 10/6 Quiz on C3L1-3
- 10/9 Classwork p.200-202 “Got it”, then p.203 Odd, p.204, p.206#26&27
- 10/10 Classwork p.209, Got it p.210-211, Homework p.213 ODD, p.214, p.216#16-17 (STUDY VOCABULARY!!!!)
- 10/11 Review Packets: for the one labeled Homework, do all the odd, except #11 on the first page. For the one labeled Problem Solving, do at least 2 on each page. To study, reread the examples in your notes and in the workbook. Do extra problems in the packets to make sure you understand. Email Mrs. Coats if you have questions.
- 10/12 TEST on C3L1-5 (Major Assessment)
- 10/13 QUIZ on Ch3 VOCABULARY! (This ends the marking period for the 1st 9 Weeks)
- 10/16 Copy the “Key Concepts” from page 222 and 223 on Looseleaf or Graph Paper. (Binder check tomorrow). HW p.225#1&6, p.226, p.228#23&24
- 10/17 C3L7 Do all the “Got it’s” and p. 240, 241, and p.242#21&22
- 10/18 Work on C3L8 Tutoring Wednesday 2:40 till 3:15pm. Parents must pick up students by 3:20pm. Students should be working on C3L6&7 Review Packet, due Friday.
- 10/19 Completed lessons on C3L8 with homework assigned in the Workbook.
- 10/20 Shortened schedule due to PepRally, Review for C3L6,7,8
- 10/23 Quiz on C3 L6&7, Vocabulary for C4 will be given out.
- 10/24 Begin C4L1