First of all, I would like to have another Band Parents’ Meeting on Tuesday, February 19 at 7:00 p.m. in the Band Room. Up for discussion will be the parade & “Tastes & Tunes”. Please try to attend.
The Festival Band has it’s last rehearsal this Tuesday (February 19) before Mardi Gras. The Marching Band starts up for 3 rehearsals on February 21, 26 & 28) to prepare for the Parade on March 1. Any student who wants to be in the parade must attend all 3 rehearsals. Up to 10 Beginner Band Students may march in the Parade as Flag & Banner Carriers but they are required to be at all 3 of the Marching Band after school rehearsals on the 21st, 26th and the 28th of February.
The Beginner Band is working hard to prepare for their 1st Festival! The Superintendent’s Festival is slated for Wednesday, March 27 at Bonnabel High School at a time yet to be determined. (likely in late Morning to early afternoon) Parents are invited and encouraged to attend Admission is Free,
“The Calendar listing the Upcoming Activities is full of new dates for you to familiarize yourselves with so please have a look.
- Thursday, February 21,Tuesday, February 26 & Thursday, February 28: Marching Band Rehearsals. All participating Band Members are required to attend.
- Friday, March 1: Centurions Parade. Parade begins at Bonnabel at Veterans at 6:30 p.m. Depart school by Bus at 4:30 p.m. (ends at Clearview Shopping Center)
- Tuesday, March 12, Thursday, March 14 and Tuesday, March 19: Festival Band Rehearsals
- Friday, March 15 & Saturday, March 16: Loyola University Jazz Festival. Details T.B.A.
- Wednesday, March 20 and Thursday, March 21: District Large Ensemble Festival: Festival Band schedule T.B.A.
- Superintendent’s Festival: Beginners on Wednesday 27 and Festival Band on Thursday, March 27. Time to be announced shortly. (Both band likely late Morning or early afternoon)
- Friday, April 12: Southeastern University Jazz Festival: Details T.B.A.
- Sunday, April 14: “Tastes & Tunes” Annual Fundraiser: Details T.B.A.
I’ll see you all tomorrow,